It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and folks all around Henderson County are celebrating with festive displays of lights strung with love. Searching for some holiday cheer in a safe way this year? We’ve added some of our favorite stops that Hendersonians have shared with us, and will continue adding more to the map as they pop up, so check back often! A few tips for navigating the map:
- The map will work with any web brower, but is especially useful using the Google Maps app. This will allow you to integrate your real-time location with the map and will provide easy directions from stop to stop.
- The red rectangle outlines the Central Business District in downtown Henderson. Our friends at the Downtown Henderson Partnership host a Deck the Downtown contest each year, so the businesses get creative decking their storefronts with festive displays! Head to 117 2nd Street to take a selfie at the interactive light display. Be sure to tag #hendersonky on Instagram!
- The blue route takes you down Main Street and through the heart of our downtown district. Exploring Elm Street and the side streets along this route is definitely worth it as well! While not every display through the downtown residential district is marked, taking this route will ensure that you see them all.
- Heading “out in the county” to Corydon is worth the trip. Corydon is about 15 minutes outside of Henderson, and a drive down Highway 60 will lead you to some really fun displays! Your kiddos won’t stop raving about 133 4th Street!
- Central Park hosts Christmas in the Park, where kids enjoy exploring a Christmas village and our community Christmas tree. Worth a stop to stretch your legs!
- Continue checking back as we add more displays! Know of an awesome display that should be on our map? Send us a message on Facebook and let us know!