We are monitoring COVID-19 and following all recommendations set forth by public officials. Right now, the best way to “love where you live” is by taking care of yourself and looking out for your neighbors. Until further notice, please avoid group gatherings and wash your hands frequently!
15 Ways to Celebrate + Love Where You Live in 42420!
On April 24, 2020, we have a once in a lifetime opportunity to celebrate all things 42420, our zip code in Henderson, on 4.24.20. It’s 42420 Day, a wonderful, event-filled day of loving where we live! Our list of folks who are hosting special celebrations is ever-growing, so check back often to plan your perfect day on 4.24.20 in 42420!
- Swing by the Henderson Tourist Commission gift shop in The Depot Welcome Center to send an exclusive 42420 Day postcard to your friends and family abroad. We’ll even throw in a free stamp!
- Party the 4.24.20 night away at Rookies Restaurant & Sports Bar! The Sell-Outs will be playing in the banquet hall.
- Shop LuciaSoapsEtc for exclusive 42420 Day handcrafted soap.
- Get your 42420 gear at our local shops! Check out Elite Screen Printing, A Bushel and a Peck, Beachbum Farms and others.
- Join the Downtown Henderson Partnership for a 4.2420K run/walk starting at The Perch! The morning walk begins at 6:30 and the evening walk begins at 6. The first 25 attendees in each group will get special 42420 Day shoelaces!
- Stop by a Field & Main Bank banking center for a tasty 42420 Day cookie!
- Cheer on City of Henderson employees as they spend the day beautifying our Municipal Building on 1st Street.
- Enjoy an Arbor Day celebration in Central Park as Henderson receives its 25th Tree City USA designation.
- Swing by The Perch in the morning for WSON’s remote broadcast. Go on air to share what you love about 42420! Later that day, enjoy live music by Fish Town, Spencer Bloodworth & Andy Sutton, and revel in the tales of local storytelling legend Bob Park.
- Enjoy fine forgiveness at the Henderson County Public Library and pick up a free 42420 Day bookmark!
- Head to the Henderson County Extension Office for the Family & Consumer Science Council’s Sit & Sip in 42420 Fashion Show!
- Observe the many talents of artists in 42420 during OVAL’s Paint-Around event, where multiple artists will complete paintings as a team.
- Cheer on the winning horse at Holy Name School’s annual Night at the Races event, featuring a 42420 theme!
- Celebrate the first baby born in 42420 on 4.24.20! The lucky baby will be honored with an custom 42420 Day onesie, every baby’s dream!
- View all of the special window decorations in downtown businesses. It’s like Christmas in April!
Other happenings throughout the weekend include:
4.25: OVAL Kitchen Tour
4.26: Women’s Honor Court Induction+ Program at Henderson Presbyterian Church
4.27: Friends of Audubon Annual Meeting at Audubon State Park– one day after JJA’s birthday!
Planning your own celebration on 4.24.20 Day? Email email@example.com and we’ll add you to our list!