1. Warm up at Ruby Moon Winery. Nothing says ahhhh like relaxing in the winery’s Tuscan inspired tasting room. Enjoy a glass of wine or some cheese and crackers in front of the fireplace, catch up with friends or make some new ones. Feeling like an overnight stay? The winery also offers a one-bedroom suite perfect for overnight guests. View a selection of wines and learn more about the winery at www.rubymoonwinery.com
2. Take in a show at the Henderson Fine Arts Center. This Friday, the Lettermen take the stage and Doktor Kaboom, a kid’s favorite. returns February 1. See the full schedule here.
3. Get a Henderson history lesson! The Depot Community Room is open Monday-Saturday with historical exhibits on Henderson and a working train set viewable for children. Coming up in February, the staff will present a Black History Month exhibit.
4. Warm up with a hot coffee. Planter’s Coffeehouse, located downtown, offers a full menu of coffee items and lunch specials daily. Here’s the Coffee and Expresso menu!
5. Go buy a pair of warm shoes or a new seater. Lots of Henderson shops offer unique speciality items to keep you stylish and warm while you wait out the winter!
7. Watch the birds from an indoor spot! Audubon State Park, Museum & Nature Center offers wildlife viewing from their indoor Bird Observation area. Want to see the famous “painted” birds? The museum offers a large collection of artwork by the famed artist John James Audubon.
8. Knit or crochet something to keep you warm. Memories Yarn Café offers a great selection of yarns, needles and patterns to choose from.
9. Beat the cold weather, but still get into shape, by signing up for the Henderson YMCA’s indoor triathlon on March 2. The 15 minute swim, 15 minute stationery bike ride and 15 minute treadmill run all take place indoors. Learn more on our Events page.
10. Come out for trivia at Bagelrama. Every Friday from 7-8pm, the bagel shop offers trivia, as well as hot soups and bagels sandwiches! Keep up with them at www.facebook.com/bagelrama