Here’s a few ways to make 2014 count:
1. Enjoy a day downtown finding all the hidden items on the Audubon Sculpture Walking Tour. Download the brochure on our Media page.
2. Visit for a music festival this summer. There’s this one, this one or this one.
3. Go fishing! There’s riverfront fishing or if you prefer lakes check out Sandy Watkins Community Park with stocked lakes or the Audubon State Park lake. Details on places to fish and other outdoor activities can be found here.
4. Go on a Historic Walking Tour of downtown Henderson! First off, they’re free. Second, they’re fun! Starts at The Depot first Saturday of each month, April-November.
5. Get creative! Catch a performance at the Henderson Fine Arts Center, view original artwork by John James Audubon, check out the local Art Co-Op or sign up for a class at Riverbend. Learn more about all the culture and arts experiences Henderson has to offer!
6. Buy something local.
7. Finally eat at that restaurant you’ve been dying to try.
8. Stop by the local winery and sample the wines made from estate grown grapes.
9. Watch live thoroughbred horse-racing at Ellis Park this summer. Place a bet, if you’re feeling lucky!
10. Everyone decorates with these fantastic prints. Why not also see the real thing? Audubon State Park Museum has one of the largest collections of John James Audubon’s work.
What’s on your travel bucket list this year?