Visiting Henderson this weekend or looking for things to do in the area? Look no further!
• On Saturday from 10am-2pm, join Ohio Valley Marine Service and The Depot Community Room for River Heritage Day. The riverfront will fill with activities surrounding the bicentennial of the first Steamboat. For more information, read the full Gleaner article here.
• Enjoy lunch at new local riverfront eatery, Patio Bar & Grill. The restaurant, located at the former En El Rio at 104 N. Water Street, offers burgers, salads, drinks and their homemade pizza.
• Head to Stone Hill Honey at 6005 Hatchett Mill Road to tour the bee farms, purchase jams, vegetables, beeswax products, relishes and more. Hand crafted items and honey tasting are also available. Visit their website here. The farm is open on Wed., Thurs., Sat.& Sun.from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT.
• Sample some wines and enjoy a stroll through the vineyards at Ruby Moon Vineyard & Winery. In addition to being able to purchase bottles of wine to go, visitors are also able to purchase wine to drink on site either in the tasting room, on our blue stone patio or while strolling through the vineyard. The winery is also gearing up for their annual Arts & Crafts Festival to be held June 4, 2011 from 9am-6pm. For more information, including directions click here.
• Sign up for the Ridin’ For A Reason’ Bike Tour on Saturday May 21. The tour starts in Audubon Mill Park, and benefits Junior Achievement of Henderson, offering 11, 36, & 62 miles courses. Registration and staggered start from 7-8:30am. Rest stops available. Registration at www.hendersonrotaract.org
• Lace up your tennis shoes and visit the trails at Audubon State Park. Several hiking trails are available, as well as paved walking roads. Got a pup? Leashed dogs are allowed on the Eagle Glenn Pet Trail. Visit the Museum & Nature Center entrance or the Visitor’s Center for a map of all the trails.
• Head downtown for great shopping. There’s children’s clothing, gift shops, flower stores and much more open on Saturday in downtown. Enjoy the hospitality of local shopping. For a complete list visit www.hendersonky.org/shop
Enjoy the weekend! Always verify events by calling the information number directly. A complete listing on events can be found online at www.hendersonky.org/event or by calling 1-800-648-3128