The Garden Club of Henderson Kentucky will host GARDENS THAT SWING IV, June 9. The semi-annual tour is held in conjunction with the W.C. Handy Blues and Barbecue Festival (June 11-19). The tour runs from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., rain or shine.
The tickets are $20 and can be purchased in advance from Third Street House in downtown Henderson and Maxine’s and Wildflowers in Evansville, Indiana. On the day of the tour, the tickets will be available for purchase at any garden on the tour or in Central Park where visitors can treat themselves to world-class barbecue and a day of live blues entertainment.
Gardens on the tour include:
• Jim and Anne Crafton, 726 S. Adams St.: A “Garden of the Season” winner
• Mary Jane Fulkerson, 607 Cherry St.: A charming example of how much can be done in a small space.
• Dr. Akhtar and Diane Yusufji, 4436 Deepwood Drive: Features perennials and a unique fountain.
• Nancy and Gray Hodge, 707 N. Main St.: A Henderson garden designed with pets in mind.
• Penny and Robbie Royster, 2163 Holloway Lane: Features a picket fence, swimming pool, koi pond, greenhouse and more.
• Owen and Joanne Wilkerson, 100 B. Eighth St.: This award-winning gardener does not allow health problems to deter her. See how an electric scooter and golf cart aid in the pursuit of her passion.
• Debbie and Charlie McCollom, 2829 Tippecanoe Trail: An extensive collection of shade plants and daring fence color are sure to delight.
• Rhonda Moats, 924 E. Knight Court: Learn about tilling a hillside and view a bridge built over dry creek bed.
• Rodger Brown Designs:, Thorne Ridge Subdivision: Featured outdoor spaces including outdoor kitchens, fireplaces, pavilions and patios.
For more information about the tour, please contact Marietta Peckenpaugh at (270) 860-8447. For more information about the W.C. Handy Blues and Barbecue Festival, visit www.handyblues.org.