1. We’re celebrating the 110th birthday of our library with fun daily events, history speakers and a scavenger hunt around town.
2. Audubon State Park is the prefect place to hike this week with sunny, summer weather on the radar.
3. We’re gearing up for a three day award-winning music festival. Bluegrass in the Park will kick off on Thursday with a performance by Mandolin Orange at the Henderson Fine Arts Center. On Friday and Saturday the fun continues for two days of live music on the riverfront.
4. Olympian pole vaulters will be competing on the Henderson riverfront Saturday for the Jammin’ & Jumpin’ Street Pole Vault.
5. On Saturday morning, starting at 7am in Audubon Mill Park you can have all-you-can-eat pancakes, eggs, sausage, coffee and juice for Breakfast in the Park. Cost is $7 for adults and $4 children. Live music by Keith Vincent will accompany the breakfast.
6. You can watch live horse racing this Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Ellis Park Race Track. It’s fun and admission to the park is FREE.
7. You can’t beat the view from our riverwalk this time of year.
8. Love to bicycle? This Saturday is the Pickin’ & Pedalin’ Bicycle Tour featuring routes throughout Henderson County.
9. From 10am-2pm on Saturday the riverfront will be filled with folklife exhibitors for the Folklife Festival. Dulcimers, quilting, candle making, vintage bicycles and more on on the schedule for this year’s event. Perfect for children!